PEGGY L. GLASER, PH.D., SPHR
2990 Horseshoe Trail
Chester Springs, PA 19425
BACKGROUND SUMMARY AND COMPETENCIES:
25 years of progressive Human Resources and Executive Management experience. Skilled as Strategic Business Partner in Organizational Development, Business Transformation, Talent Acquisition, Talent Management, Process Improvement, Performance Management, Coaching, Change Management, Employee Relations, Employee Retention, Training and Development, Compensation, Salary Administration, Succession Planning, Recruitment, Career Counseling and Cost Containment.
Regional Human Resources Director -- Eastern PA, NJ, DE.
Senior Vice President, Human Resources Director and Senior Administration Officer for $560,000,000 financial institution with eight branches in Bucks County
Hired by new CEO to initiate and implement strategies to grow organization and align employees to a dynamic, customer-focused organization with a sales-oriented culture.
· Designed initiatives to capitalize on human performance and talent management: identified high potential employees, developed and conducted training programs on superior customer experience, sales skills, product knowledge, change management, agility, and sexual harassment; implemented employee focus groups, initiated department meetings, established regular employee communications, developed resource tools for managers, established project teams, developed manuals, updated employee handbook
· Developed salary administration and benefits strategy to attract and retain talent while reducing costs, conducted salary and benefit surveys, created performance appraisals aligned with company objectives, job descriptions, incentive programs, salary ranges. Terminated defined benefit plan and established defined contribution plan with company match, FSA, voluntary life insurance.
· Implemented recruitment process for talent acquisition, recruited entry level through executive level Trained hiring managers on behavioral interviewing
· Coached management and staff for performance improvement as part of employee relations, disciplinary and development strategies
· Formulated executive assessment, development strategies to meet future needs
· Restructured branches and back office departments for more efficient staffing and better customer service while reducing headcount.
· Opened new branch office with star performers, developed special customer promotions; coordinated grand opening and VIP reception
· Created and implement strategic plan promoting bank as community partner
· Participated in monthly Board of Directors meeting, Strategic Planning Committee, and Human Resources Committee. Presented reports to Board of Directors on initiatives, progress, and strategic plan
Vice President, Human Resources, 1996-2002
Relocated to Philadelphia at company’s request to turnaround the performance and reputation of HR as an obstacle to business; won management respect and recognition for successful turnaround by changing HR to a business partner.
· Reduced time to fill openings by 25% while decreasing advertising costs by 50%
· Improved employee retention by 10%
· Designed and implemented recognition strategy that improved employee satisfaction
· Designed Behavioral Interviewing training program to improve talent acquisition
· Selected to Re-engineer Regional HR Operations including payroll, benefits, orientation, compensation, pension administration, employee programs. Created model for corporate centralization of HR Operations
· Built strong Human Resources team through leadership, coaching, training and developing staff
· Transformed Human Resources from transactional unit to strategic business partner
· Managed decentralized staff of 18 Generalists, Recruiters, Specialists and Assistants in Eastern Pennsylvania, Delaware and New Jersey serving 6,000 employees
Director of Human Resources, Northeastern Bank, Scranton, PA 1991-1995
Director of Personnel Administration and Development 1989-1991
Director of Human Resources Development 1987-1989
Reported to CEO and managed human resources for 1,100 employees during period of bank losses, mergers, and leadership changes
· Recognized for successfully managing the people aspects of largest acquisition and published “Managing the Human Side of Acquisitions” in Bankers Journal
· Instituted change management and survivor syndrome program to enhance morale, increase teamwork, and promote productivity during an acquisition
· Developed model selection process for subsequent corporate acquisitions
· Reduced costs as member of Cost Control Committee
· Responded to OFCCP audit with no exception, the only affiliate within PNC to do so
· Developed and implemented Organizational Development initiatives
· Designed and conducted training programs for all management levels and employees.
Created the Corporate Training Department for a telecommunications corporation of over 1,000 employees in seven states
· Won both corporate honors “Individual and Departmental Pursuit of Excellent Awards” for Outstanding Contribution to the Company
· Developed mission, established objectives, secured budget, set policy, assessed needs, hired and trained staff, designed and implemented training programs
· Designed and implemented corporate-wide succession planning
· Wrote business plan and won executive approval to turn department into a profit center and exceeded financial goals from the first year
Career Counselor and Program Specialist 1982
· As Director, Scranton office became the largest provider of career counseling and job search assistance to unemployed adults
· Developed marketing strategy and programs that became a model for other centers
Senior Consultant and Executive Administrator 1980-81, Trainer 1979
Senior Consultant and Project Manager of all projects and marketing activities for training and management consulting firm based in Willow Grove, PA & Tallahassee, FL
· Consulted with East Coast businesses on process improvement, performance enhancement and management development
· Conducted on site training programs and strategic interventions
· Designed and delivered train the trainer sessions, supervised consulting staff, and managed projects and budgets.
· Wrote proposals and developed business which resulted in $500,000 contracts
· Temple University, M.Ed. and Ph.D.,
· Pennsylvania State University, B.A.,
· Senior Professional in Human Resources
(Highest Certification in Human Resources)
· National Certified Counselor
Certified Career Counselor